Saturday, July 3, 2010

Naschmarkt, styles in the mix

Two years ago I moved to the wonderful neighborhood of Vienna's Naschmarkt. It is somehow traditional and very viennese, but at the same time a place for young people, with chic bars, great restaurants and very modern. So I decided that should be reflected by the style of my apartment, since that also reflects my personal style. 
It was great fun to mix my Biedermeier desk with a table from the sixties and add a contemporary interpreted Louis XV-style chair made in plastic by Philippe Starck. I was browsing through nearby second hand and antique stores for months. The bedroom is dominated by a fabric-covered wall that devides the room into sleeping and dressing area, accentuated with golden nailing in a traditional way. That wall is complimented by a headboard covered in a Toile de jouy, an old chinese wedding trunk and a modern butlers tray as bedstands. A fun touch is added by the antler-console. 
Spread around the apartment is a lot of art. Some is the work of friends, as the great photographs of Alexandra Thompson, some just things I found on fleamarkets as the bronze harlequin from the 30's. All in all my mission is completed now and I love to live in those rooms as well as hosting parties and dinners. Enjoy the photos.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice collections, I need some information about antique writing desk. Specially pricing. Its a necessary product for home.

    ReplyDelete